I finished another week of C25K! This was definitely the hardest yet. Again, I ended up running the whole week on the treadmill at the gym, which I am enjoying much more in this cold rainy weather. I put the incline up to 1.0, but it's still way easier than running these steep hills here. I also discovered how much better it is for me to run in toe socks. I have been wanting to buy these expensive ones online by Injinji, but they are $12 a pair, I couldn't justify spending $48 on 4 pairs of socks just to keep me from getting a blister on my second toe; so to Walmart I went and found short toe socks for $3 per pair, I bought 2 pairs to try them out. After the first day there were no blisters! I was in love! So today I went and picked up 3 more pairs. Yes, they look a little silly having bold bright colors and little animals on them, but I don't care, no one sees them in my shoe anyway! So toe socks it is from now on!
Week 5 is really weird because the intervals change every day, Day 1 you run for 5 mins, then walk for 3, then run for 5, walk for 3, and then a final run for 5, plus the usual 5 minute warm up and cool down. Day 2 it gets a bit harder, you have two 8 minute runs with a 5 minute walk in between and the usual warm up and cool down. Day 3 is definitely the hardest, 5 minute warm up, 20 minute straight run, and then 5 minute cool down. Well I always ended up with more like a 10 minute cool down just because the podcast kept going. I have to say though, after running for 20 straight minutes today I am feeling great! I can't wait to indulge in my homemade pizza tonight and finish it off with a piece of the homemade chocolate rum cake that is currently in my oven! Can't wait to start Week 6 on Monday; I hope to continue running 3 miles per run this coming week, we'll see how it goes. Here are the stats for this week:
Week 5, Day 1: 2.85 miles, 35:30
Week 5, Day 2: 2.88 miles, 35:08
Week 5, Day 3: 3.01 miles, 35:00 (this was also my fastest pace ever! 11:35 min/mi)

No comments:
Post a Comment