Friday, October 02, 2009

The End of Another Week

When I started Week 3 of C25K I thought I was going to die. The intervals this week were 90 seconds jogging, 90 seconds walking, 3 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, to be repeated twice. I thought there was no way I could run for 3 minutes straight. I was dying last week running for 90 seconds. Well Day 1 was really hard, Day 2 a little easier, today, Day 3, I think I could have kept on going! I was so proud of myself! So Monday I move on to Week 4, 5 minutes of straight running! We'll see how it goes. Granted I think this lovely weather may be contributing to my less stressful runs. It's been in the 60s here all week! It's sunny and breezy and just all around enjoyable to be outside! I have been loving it, it definitely feels like Fall now! So stats for this week:
Week 3, Day 1: 2.27 miles, 29:42
Week 3, Day 2: 2.38 miles, 30:06
Week 3, Day 3: 2.34 miles, 30:14

The other thing I have been working on this week is pacing myself, hubby has convinced me that I run too fast when I run, and that's probably why I am ready to die at the end. So this week I have been really working on keeping a slower pace during the running interval so I can go farther and longer. Day 2 and today I think it made the biggest difference. I've also been working on keeping up a faster pace when walking, trying to stay between 13 and 15/mile, I've definitely noticed a difference. And the biggest difference? I lost 3 lbs in the last 3 weeks! I am now at my lowest post-wedding weight! Only 10-15 lbs to go. I really want to get to 15, but I will settle at 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment