Friday, October 16, 2009

40 Clove Garlic Crockpot Chicken

I love garlic. I just adore it. So naturally I am always looking for a delicious recipe in which I can add this delicious ingredient. Luckily hubby also loves garlic, so he is not opposed to my garlic loving overload. I've seen this recipe on other blogs, but it always involved onion, which I hate onion, so I decided to modify it myself. It's incredibly simple and turns out wonderful every time!

Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1.5 lbs)
2 bulbs of garlic, separate into cloves and peel all cloves (2 bulbs should yield about 30-40 cloves)
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Separate and peel all cloves of garlic, this is usually a super time consuming and laborious task, until I discovered the secret. Pop garlic cloves into a pot of boiling water for about 1-2 minutes and the peels just slip right off! Try it, it makes this recipe a thousand times easier! I then put the 2 rinsed and patted dry chicken breasts into a Tupperware type container, throw all garlic cloves in there too, drizzle with the evoo, and then salt and pepper to taste, then I put the lid on the Tupperware and shake it all up to coat the chicken and garlic evenly. Next, place all contents of the Tupperware into your crockpot. I have a 6 qt programmable one, but it should fit in smaller ones as well. I set it for 6 hours on low, and believe me it smells delicious as the garlic is roasting! Here's the finished product, sorry for the crockpot photo, hubby and I devoured this before I could take a more savory pic!


No comments:

Post a Comment