Friday, March 05, 2010
My Prettiest Cake Yet!
Last night was the last class of Course 2, and so it was time to do our grand finale cake. I am so happy with the way it turned out. It was definitely difficult to make all the sugar flowers over the last few weeks, some were easier to make than others. Overall I am very happy with the way it turned out! Take a look:
When I showed hubby my cake, he immediately told me it wasn't going to be big enough for everyone at work, so I decided to make a dozen cupcakes to send along too, and of course they needed to be pretty as well, so I decided to use up the rest of my royal icing in the fridge after beating it back to the right consistency, I whipped out some more violets and apple blossoms. I wanted to use up the icing anyway, and I needed more flowers for part of mother in law's birthday present in the next couple weeks. So an hour and 150 flowers later all my icing was used up. I didn't have a chance to pipe on the little yellow dots though, so the cupcakes look more like cartoon flowers and definitely girlie cupcakes. I think they would be super cute for a little girl's birthday party myself, or at least something I would have loved to have for my birthday party as a little girl. For both the cake and the cupcakes I used my go to Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe and the usual Wilton Buttercream frosting. I think both turned out splendid, if I do say so myself!







1 comment:
Yummy! That cake is wonderful and the cupcakes too!
Post a Comment