Monday, March 15, 2010

9 Minutes!

Boy does it feel good to be back on track! Today I did a quick 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym because it was gross outside. Spring is on it's way, but here, that means rain and gloom for right now. Not fun to run outside, even if it is in the 50s, no sun means I'm not going outside, not just yet anyway. But, today's run on the dreadmill did do it's job, in fact this is the best I've felt about a run in a while. In fact, I ran my fastest pace ever today and didn't feel like I was going to die. I was hauling! Most times I'd hit my iPod to hear my stats and I was consistently in the 8:xx min/mi territory! I was thrilled! I did slow down a couple times, but mostly due to my darn hair that kept falling down out of it's little bun on the top of my head. My feet felt like heaven though, my Mizunos were worth every darn penny I paid for them! Anyway, the big news for today, my average pace for today was 9 min/mi, the fastest I have ever run! If I keep this up, my dreams of a sub-30 minute 5K on April 2nd will definitely be attainable!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Yay!

And, I totally hear you on the crappy weather. I don't have easy access to a treadmill, so I have to run outside. I'm really hoping things dry out for my run later.

Post a Comment