Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Spring Cupcake Bites
My mother-in-law's birthday is coming up, so hubby and I began brainstorming on what to get/send her. Tony suggested I send her some homemade treats to enjoy since it would be criminal for her to have to make her own birthday cake, plus she's an accountant and it's tax season, so she's short on time as it is. I knew I couldn't send her a cake, that just wouldn't ship well. So I came up with the next best solution to cake, cupcake bites! MIL's favorite color is purple, and while I wanted to do the tops of the bites in purple, I also knew I wanted to put some of my violet and apple blossom sugar flowers on top, so I settled on yellow as my color of choice for these. They came out looking like perfect little spring cupcakes! I love making these, every time they just come out cuter and cuter! This time I made them even more professional and put them in some tissue paper lined 1 lb candy boxes I picked up at Michael's, and then tied them with some metallic ribbon. Hopefully she likes them! But I mean come on, who doesn't like chocolate cake and frosting from scratch sandwiched between semi sweet and white chocolate?!




No comments:
Post a Comment