This was probably my second favorite cake I've made, my number one favorite is still my flower basket cake, but this one was fairly easy and just in a different realm than working with buttercream. Today is my mother in law's birthday and our friend Dana's birthday. As luck would have it, Dana is staying with us this weekend as she prepares to move to D.C., so we will be cutting this cake tonight with her in celebration! Since I knew she would be with us and we'd have it as her birthday cake, I asked her what flavor she would like me to make, so the inside is my perfect red velvet with cream cheese filling. I can't wait to get a taste of all of it together tonight!
Friday, March 19, 2010
My First Fondant Cake
This week in Course 3 we learned how to work with fondant. I admit, prior to yesterday I was very nervous to do anything involving fondant. I also thought it would taste bad. I'm glad to say I was wrong on both counts. I took the easy way out and used the premade fondant from Wilton that I purchased at Michael's, but I was pleasantly surprised with the tiny taste I had, it was pretty marshmallow tasting and still fairly sweet. Working with the fondant was much easier as well, the trick is working it enough so that it become pliable.
This was probably my second favorite cake I've made, my number one favorite is still my flower basket cake, but this one was fairly easy and just in a different realm than working with buttercream. Today is my mother in law's birthday and our friend Dana's birthday. As luck would have it, Dana is staying with us this weekend as she prepares to move to D.C., so we will be cutting this cake tonight with her in celebration! Since I knew she would be with us and we'd have it as her birthday cake, I asked her what flavor she would like me to make, so the inside is my perfect red velvet with cream cheese filling. I can't wait to get a taste of all of it together tonight!
This was probably my second favorite cake I've made, my number one favorite is still my flower basket cake, but this one was fairly easy and just in a different realm than working with buttercream. Today is my mother in law's birthday and our friend Dana's birthday. As luck would have it, Dana is staying with us this weekend as she prepares to move to D.C., so we will be cutting this cake tonight with her in celebration! Since I knew she would be with us and we'd have it as her birthday cake, I asked her what flavor she would like me to make, so the inside is my perfect red velvet with cream cheese filling. I can't wait to get a taste of all of it together tonight!




2 comments:
Wow! It looks great!
That looks amazing.
Post a Comment