Monday, November 23, 2009

Week 9 Complete and A New Goal

I finished a modified version of Week 9 of C25K today. I counted the 5K on Thursday as Day 1, since essentially the whole gist of Week 9 is to warm up for 5 mins, run a 5K in 30 mins, and then cool down for 5 minutes, so since I ran Thursday's 5K in 30:03 I am saying that is sufficient for W9D1. The other 2 days I actually ran above the allotted 30 minutes, I ended up running for 35 minutes straight! I am so super pumped! I spent Friday and today making best friends with the treadmill and seeing the distance ticker on it and my Nike+ turn passed 4 miles!

So now my new goal is to train for a 10K. I set up my Nike+ account to "coach" me for it for 12 weeks. I want to start next week after we come home from North Carolina where we are going to visit my BFF Jessica for Thanksgiving, but we leave for Vegas five days after we get back, and I don't know how much running I am going to get done there, especially since Paris apparently charges an astronomical daily fee to use their gym. I may have to just stick with walking on the strip amongst the throngs of people and resume running when we get back. Hopefully I can stay on track and see about getting some running in. On the weight loss front, I am down 1 lb this last week, not bad if I do say so myself, considering my eating isn't always great. Here are the stats for this final week:

Week 9, Day 1: 3.1 miles, 30:03
Week 9, Day 2: 4.25 miles, 45:30
Week 9, Day 3: 4.25 miles, 45:28

I am so happy to be a C25K graduate! Bring on the 10K and eventually half marathon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment