So I have been super sick for the last few weeks, I managed to run the first day of W7 of C25K on Tuesday Oct 27th, then I just couldn't do it anymore, I was tired, in pain and just feeling plain old icky. Then it got worse, I managed to also pick up a cold flu that weekend which brought more fever, drippy/runny nose, and the worst of all chest congestion and cough. I missed running, but I seriously did not feel like doing it and all articles I read said if any symptoms were below the neck or you had a fever over 99.0 degrees to not run. So I heeded the advice and sat the week out.
I finally feel better and most of my symptoms have disappeared, so Saturday I finally got back to the treadmill. I picked up on W7 again, thinking the 11 day hiatus would not have affected me that badly, but sadly I think I was wrong. It was very difficult for me to get through the 25 minute run, in fact I slowed down to a brisk walk for about 45 seconds when I was about 15 minutes into the run. But alas I trudged on and finished. Today I ran what would be W7D3 technically. Again, it was super difficult. I paused to stretch about 15 minutes into the run, and then I felt like I was doing well, but I wanted to change my playlist on my ipod, I couldn't do it still running, so with 6 minutes left to go I again paused for a couple seconds to fiddle with the click wheel. I ended up running for a full 25 minutes after all, but I don't know if I am ready to move on to Week 8 yet. I think Wednesday I will begin Week 8, but if it proves very difficult for me, I will stop at the 25 minute run mark and not run the extra 3 minutes that W8 entails, thus repeating one additional day of W7.
Fingers crossed I do well. I feel so behind now on my training and my 5K is in 10 days, yet I won't be done with C25K by then now like I would have been if I hadn't gotten sick. I am really disappointed and I just hope that I finish the 5K in the 30 minutes that is my goal. Anyway, stats for Week 7:
Week 7, Day 1: 3.25 miles, 34:48 (my farthest distance and fastest pace ever)
Week 7, Day 2: 3.19 miles, 34:59
Week 7, Day 3: 3.19 miles, 35:12
The plus side is, even though I was sick and ended up losing another 2 lbs, I thought for sure when I finally felt better and started eating again I would gain some back, especially since I haven't been eating healthily, but nope, still down 2 lbs!! Yay! I am hoping that now that I am back to running and finally getting back to eating right that I will drop even more.

No comments:
Post a Comment