Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 8 Complete

I am feeling super accomplished and back on track, I finished Week 8 of C25K today! I am still behind thanks to my never ending illness, I have the Turkey Trot 5K on Thursday, which will be one day after I start Week 9, in fact I may make the race Day 1 of Week 9. But anyway, Week 8 was pretty good, I have gone by longest distances this week and some pretty steady paces. Week 8 was definitely challenging, it was straight running for 28 minutes, the first two days I had to stop at different points, whether it was slowing down to a power walk for 30 seconds, or pausing the treadmill and stretching, or on Saturday I was in pain with a blister on my arch and had to stop for a minute to examine what the hell was hurting in my shoe so bad.

I also had some issues with my Nike+ first overestimating and then underestimating my distances, I am happy to say after calibrating it for a third time, it now is spot on with the treadmill in both the distances and the pace now. Weigh in this week was the same as last week, but I'm not really surprised considering my eating hasn't been so great lately, I definitely need to work on that this week. I am so excited though to run the race on Thursday, I will definitely be back with a full race report! Until then, here are the stats for this week:

Week 8, Day 1: 3.24 miles, 39:12 (my Nike+ was off this day, the treadmill said 3.35 miles when I was done, plus I also decided to calibrate the Nike+ following the workout due to this error, I did an additional .50 miles of running and .25 miles of walking, so total mileage for today was 4.1 miles and time was 48:15).
Week 8, Day 2: 3.62 miles, 40:00
Week 8, Day 3: 3.63 miles, 39:59

No comments:

Post a Comment