Wednesday, September 16, 2009

C25K Week 1

After over a year of being on The Knot and The Nest lots of different workouts are often discussed amongst brides trying to drop pounds for their big days, I was one of these girls. I learned all about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and the C25K program. But my weight loss journey began before I even got engaged with Weight Watchers (WW) when my BFF asked me to be her Maid of Honor (MOH), I was at the heaviest I'd ever been and was really unhappy with myself. I joined WW and my local Gold's Gym, then 2 months later T proposed, so I had even more motivation! A year later I had dropped 28 lbs, was down 4 sizes and was feeling quite sassy and sexy! I even made Lifetime!

Enter the newlywed phase. I gained 10 of my 28 lbs back., I stopped going to WW and am way over my Lifetime goal. I blame those wretchedly delicious chocolate chip cookies I make for my husband that I just can't resist. And the homemade bread I love to make in my new breadmaker. So I decided to start back on WW, this time on my own, and give the 30 Day Shred and Couch 2 5K program a shot.

So this is my goal now, complete C25K, and work on the Shred. I began C25K this Monday, I was good, was able to do 3 miles in the 30 mins. Today was Day 2, I did 3.02 miles in about 38 mins. My birthday is on Monday, so today T took me to the Exchange (I'm a Navy wife, so we do most shopping on base) where he bought me a new sassy pair of running shoes and the Nike+ ipod thing. I am so excited! I can't wait to do my next 3 miles on Friday and complete week1!

No comments:

Post a Comment