So I finally got out of bed around 8:45 am, went to the living room and my computer, of course my inbox was bombarded with about 10 Facebook notifications of friends and family sending their wishes, and the usual 5 or so e-cards from my aunt. I love my birthday! Today was a scheduled day to run. Normally on my birthday I would just be lazy and give myself the time off, but after falling off the wagon this weekend and gaining back the pound I lost last week, I decided I should do it. So I laced up my shoes, turned on my ipod and set out. Today I started Week 2 of C25K, I did 2.25 miles in about 31 minutes, that was including the warm up and cool down, it wasn't a fabulous run, but I was proud of myself for getting out there!
The day continued on, lots more phone calls and text messages, and my aunt told me I would be getting a surprise before the day was through. Tony I knew was taking me to my favorite place, The Melting Pot for dinner, so at about 5pm I decided to go get ready and do my hair and makeup and start getting dressed so I would be ready to go when he got home. In the midst of curling my hair the doorbell rang, I ran to answer the door, outside a portly man stood holding a beautiful flower arrangement, this was my surprise:

We got all dressed up, something we rarely get to do, and got into the Trans Am. Now let me just say, in the 3.5 years we have been together, my husband has never taken me out in this car. The Trans Am is strictly garage kept and gets driven maybe once a year, so going out tonight in it was a big deal! We got to MP and proceeded to stuff our faces full of our favorites for the next 2 hours. I was a little disappointed they got rid of the entrees for 2 and now you either have to purchase the Big Night Out, or go a la carte. We ended up going a la carte, in the end it cost about the same the entree for 2 would have, but still, it was a bit annoying. The best part of course was the cookies and cream marshmallow dream dessert fondue. I think this was one of the few times we actually scraped the pot at the end and ate every single bite of the chocolate. Here's us fully stuffed after being so gluttonous:
All in all it was a fabulous birthday, and I hope this year is one of the best of my life, but how could it not be? I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband, an awesome family and fantastic friends, what more could a girl ask for?!


No comments:
Post a Comment