Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Week Down

All in all it was a good week. Despite being sick and feeling pretty icky for most of it, I was still able to finish Week 2 of C25K! I was very pleased with myself for that! So, stats for the week:
Week 2 Day 1: 2.23 miles, 31:40
Week 2 Day 2: 2.37 miles, 31:05
Week 2 Day 3: 2.42 miles, 30:42

Yesterday was a nice day, it finally stopped raining and I was feeling better, so I went out for my run at about 11 am and it ended up being the best run I had all week. After the run I got ready to go out with the husband. We went downtown and spent about 2.5 hours at the Memphis Rock and Soul Museum. Earlier this month my mom had sent me a link to sign up for free museum day sponsored by the Smithsonian Institute. I knew Tony would love this, as we both enjoy going to all kinds of museums together. So armed with our free pass, this time on the right day, we headed down there. It was really interesting. We learned a lot about how Memphis was pretty much the capital for Rock, Soul, Blues, and Country back in the 1950s and how integration was pretty much a done deal in the music industry here at the time, while society was still segregated. I was glad we got to learn a lot and enjoy ourselves and the best part, it was free!

After the museum we headed over to a nice little place called The Silly Goose, I've been wanting to go to this restaurant/bar for a while now, especially since I like buying certificates off restaurant.com and had purchased a certificate for this establishment and was really looking forward to trying some of their pannins and flatbreads. Well we get there and the waiter tells us that they don't accept the certificate, that restaurant.com put them up on their website without permission. I was fuming! Granted the certificate only cost me about $1 when it was 90% off a few weeks ago, but still, it irked me. So we ended up just getting a drink there and sitting out on their patio deciding where to go eat dinner. We decided to try another place I had a certificate for about 2.5 miles away. So we get into the car and head over there, only to find them closed! Seriously?! Tony was having a fit, and he was right, any restaurant that is in business would not be closed at 7 pm on a Saturday night. So now I get the task of writing restaurant.com a nasty email and hoping to get some of my money back. It was frustrating and we were really bummed.

From there, hungry and annoyed, we headed on to the Mid-South Fair down in Mississippi. I really didn't want to go and eat fair food, especially since we had just gone to the Delta Fair a few weeks ago, but Tony was insistent. So we got there, and I ended up gorging on a corndog, a cone of homemade cookie dough ice cream, and a few bites of Tony's funnel cake. I was really upset with myself for eating such unhealthy foods, and I much would have preferred just going to a restaurant for dinner where at least I could try to make some healthier choices. But in the end, the fair was okay, we got to see some animals and a concert and people watch, plus I got to spend some quality time with the husband. Hopefully this next week will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment