This last week was not so easy to get through, mostly because I've just been in a mood lately. A mood where I just want to be lazy. I don't know if I am just burned out from running, or what is up with me, but it's been really difficult for me to convince myself to get out the door. I put off this week's training a few times, Monday turned into Tuesday, Tuesday turned into Wednesday, and finally I decided I needed to get on the ball. I set out for a 5 mile speed work run on Wednesday at the track on base, but it was so hot and I just was not feeling it. It ended up turning into a 2 mile short run with a lot of walking. Which I guess is okay, considering I skipped my 2 miler on Monday. Then Thursday I moved back indoors to the treadmill and was able to get in the speed work. I felt so much better after it. I felt like I was back. Saturday I set out for 6 miles on base, but those 6 miles quickly turned into 3 miles with a lot of walking. It just seems like this is becoming a pattern, and I don't know how to get out of my funk. I just want to run and feel good about running again. Alas, I still got in 10 miles this week, 3 shy of the 13 I was supposed to get in. Hopefully this week I can find my motivation again!
Week 2, Day 1: 2.04 miles, 23:24, av pace 11:28 min/mi
Week 2, Day 2: 5.28 miles, 54:00, av pace: 10:13 min/mi
Week 2, Day 3: 3.02 miles, 34:11, av pace: 11:18 min/mi

No comments:
Post a Comment