So sorry for my lack of blogging lately, you see, I've gone back to work! Yes, that's right, I am no longer a housewife, at least for the next 4-6 weeks or so! I'm working part time with the 2010 U.S. Census, so it's been sucking up a great deal of my time for the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately, my new-found employment has been wrecking havoc on my running schedule. I'm sad to say I haven't run in about 10 days, yikes! Between just being straight up exhausted and feeling burned out from running, I've decided to take a short break. I will still be running the Navy Ten Nautical Miler on June 6th, but my training is going to be more sporadic than I would have hoped.
So what else has been going on? Well our base was flooded last weekend with the recent floods that swept through the state of Tennessee, so that too has contributed to my lack of running lately as well, between the base being closed for quite a few days, and the gym was closed, I just couldn't bring myself to run, running outside on base is my favorite route when running outside, so that greatly deterred me from hitting the pavement. Things are slowly returning to normal, or as normal as we can be around here.
Other fun things: we're going to Florida soon! My little brother is graduating from high school, so of course that means a vacation to see the family is in order. We are both so excited to go visit and see everyone, especially since we haven't seen my family in almost 11 months! We're also really excited to head to Vermont in June to see Tony's family and attend his brother's wedding! Trips to see the family are always a good time, especially since we miss our families so much being so far away from them. Finally, we have planned a second honeymoon/first anniversary trip! A friend of ours is getting married in Hawaii the beginning of August, and so we have decided to take a nice long vacation and celebrate our first year of marriage by relaxing on the Hawaiian beaches! We can't wait!
I'll try to post more often, and hopefully will be back with a running update real soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment