With the Navy Ten Nautical Miler 8 weeks away, I decided to start a new training plan last week. My goal is to run the 11.5 miles in 2 hours or less. I'm really hoping I am able to do it. So with my new determination, I made up my new training plan with the help of Runner's World Smart Coach and set off. I'm really hoping the weather on this race day is better than the day of the half and that I am able to run more of the race with less walk breaks.
This first week was fairly easy. It was a nice change compared to my half training, especially in that my longest run for this plan will only be 9 miles as opposed to the 12 my last plan had me do. I also like that it has me doing some really short "easy" runs, even though I usually don't like doing anything less than 3 miles, I think this will keep me on track and make me realize that not every run has to be fast and hard. Last Monday I did the 2 miler around our neighborhood loop, which meant I got a bunch of hill training in there too! I made the mistake of doing it at about 11 am in 78 degree weather, which wasn't the best idea, but alas, I refuse to wake up early just to run in the "cooler" morning temps. Wednesday's tempo run I ended up doing on the treadmill at the gym, it was a little cooler out and it was still pretty early, so I just bit the bullet and survived the dreadmill. Saturday I did my 6 miler on base at the park, it was a nice 74 degrees and sunny, a beautiful day for a run! It was great and really felt good!
I've moved my schedule back a day this week given that I didn't do today's 2 miler, but I will be doing it tomorrow and then doing my speed work on Thursday and the long run on Saturday, I'm looking forward to another great week!
Week 1, Day 1: 2.01 miles, 20:29, av pace: 10:10 min/mi
Week 1, Day 2: 5 miles, 48:47, av pace: 9:45 min/mi
Week 1, Day 3: 6.01 miles, 1:00:29, av pace: 10:03 min/mi

No comments:
Post a Comment