I've been in a bit of a funk lately, nothing is really wrong, it's just that I know what I want out of life, yet I can't get it right now due to various reasons and I just feel kind of...stuck. So, I must admit, while I know running usually helps get me out of the funk, sometimes I don't always have the motivation to go out there and actually do it. I really wanted to skip my run today, after all, I skipped yesterday like a bad girl. But, Hubs called as he was leaving the gym at work and asked if I wanted to go for a run with him around the loop when he got home since it was so nice out today. I agreed and quickly got changed so I'd be ready when he got home. I decided to give the heart rate monitor on my Garmin a try today, I don't think I had it positioned right though, because at one point it said my HR was up to 213 bpm which is way too fast. So, I guess I'll have to test it out again next time and see if it makes a difference.
I am so glad I got out there tonight though, the weather was gorgeous, probably around low 60s, cool, breezy, perfect! The run was fantastic! First mile, one small walk break up the nemesis hill at 0.84-0.89, second mile, another short one along the uphill stretch around 1.38-1.40, and another at the other nemesis hill at 1.53-1.55. But holy splits, first mile: 10:33, second mile: 9:40. NINE FORTY?! Holy moly! I haven't seen a 9:xx average pace in a very long time. If you're counting, that's 2.00 miles in 20:13. That's the fastest I have done this loop, maybe ever, I really don't know, I didn't have a trusty Garmin before to tell me. PRing the Turkey Trot 5K in 2 weeks doesn't seem so far away anymore, I think I just may be able to pull it off, maybe with some more running, and lots of luck, but it doesn't seem impossible.

No comments:
Post a Comment