Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Badge Of Honor
I got my first black toenail this last week after running the Navy Ten Nautical Miler a week ago. I have feared the black toenail since I started running and began soaking up all available information I could find pertaining to the sport on the internet. The idea of my toenail turning black and possibly falling off seriously grossed me out! I could not fathom how I would ever be able to survive or look at my feet if this were to happen to me. But then March came along, and with it came the Germantown Half Marathon, and in the course of running that race my husband ended up with this obsidian treasure. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and the good news is it never fell off. So here I am 9 months into my running journey, having run 4 races, and I don't even know how many miles, and I have officially earned my first physical running badge of honor! While I can't say it's the prettiest thing, I can say I no longer fear it, and I am wearing my badge proudly!


No comments:
Post a Comment