Monday, February 14, 2011

Half Training Week 10 Complete

Another week done, glad it's over. This week was harder to get through thanks to 2 days of snow being dumped on us in my area, which in turn closes down the city, and I ended up doing some traveling which interfered with my long run plans. It was a hard week to get my mileage in and while I was supposed to get in 21 miles this week, I only ended up getting in 16 miles.

Tuesday I had a hectic day of running all around town, but I had to squeeze in 4 miles, so to the treadmill I went and pounded it out, 4 easy miles with negative splits.



Wednesday I got up early and needed to beat the snow and get in 7 miles of speed repeats. Holy moly was that hard! My left shin started aching and the gym was a sweatbox, I was literally soaking wet. I had to stop once during the run to stretch and adjust my shoe and rub my leg a little. I'm wondering if my shoes are starting to go, they only have around 200 miles on them, but the wear pattern on the outside of the left heel is pretty bad, the soles are pretty slick, and the left is what is bothering me, the right is fine and the right shoe is fine as well, so that's what's making me think maybe it's the shoe. The repeats were really a mental battle. It was supposed to be 1 mile warm up, half mile recovery jog, then 3 miles of speed repeats at 9:33 with half mile recovery jog between each, and then 1 mile cool down. I pounded it out though and victory was mine in the end.



 Saturday I was supposed to take on 10 miles, it didn't happen. I was out of town and didn't pack the proper clothes to run outside, so my only option was a treadmill. Ten miles on a treadmill in a hot gym is just torture, plus my shin was still achy and truthfully, I wasn't properly fueled or in the right mindset to do such a long run. I made a deal with myself, crank out 5 miles, half the scheduled mileage, and call it a day. I did it and was just happy it was over, and even managed some negative splits, woohoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment