Thursday, January 20, 2011

Running Updates

I haven't updated in a while, mostly because I was slacking, badly, on my training plan for my upcoming half marathon. I was slacking so bad, I began to question if I would in fact be able to run the race, let alone PR it. When I registered back in October, I designed myself an 18 week training plan, but thanks to procrastination, weeks came and went and I wasn't sticking to my mileage goals. Soon enough I was 12 weeks out and decided it was time to get serious, worst timing ever though, right before the holidays, let's just say, I skipped out on quite a few runs in those first 3-4 weeks. Now, the race is less than 6 weeks out, and I have finally found my groove again these last couple weeks. Between the cold, snowy weather, and coming down with a nasty cold, I never thought I'd get my running legs back, it's been such a struggle, but this week was definitely the turning point. This week I found my renewed motivation. I'm even running with ease on the "dreadmill." So far this week I'm up to 13 miles, including a 6 miler on Monday, a fast 2 miler on Wednesday, and a 5 mile tempo run today, still on tap is a 7 mile long run this weekend, and my speeds are finally creeping back up and getting back up to where they need to be on race day. I'm feeling confident and renewed. I can totally do this! I'll be back at the end of the week with a full week recap.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so jealous of your running abilities! I've been toying with the idea of starting the C25K again but it just keeps snowing here.

Are you going to run the Disney race with a camera?

Yvonne said...

Thanks Kate! You should totally restart C25K, I know the snow is a pain, and it's hard to stick with it, but it really is worth it in the end, the adrenaline is a great feeling! I'm going to run with my BlackBerry when I run the Disney race, so I will try to take some pics along the course and post them on here afterwards.

Post a Comment